Gamer’s PC gaming setup is incomplete without a gaming mouse. A good gaming mouse can enhance your gameplay and increase the winning chances. The gaming mice are made for competitive gaming, crucial gaming arena, and online battles. You can’t rely on a lesser mouse when it comes to pro-gaming; You need a mouse that can ensure accuracy and consistency, well-designed, and that can be proved only by a gaming mouse.
While it may seem like shooting fish in a barrel for hardcore consumers, but for people who don’t have a lot of knowledge about these gaming peripherals, things can somewhat difficult. For those, we made this article, to help them to choose a better product for themselves.
We have also added a buyer’s guide for a gaming mouse, you can read it, and we’re sure it will help you to decide a suitable gaming mouse for yourself. We also have an article on another crucial gaming device that has an important place, the best gaming keyboards. Check it out, and you can also build a custom gaming keyboard & mouse for your gaming setup.
Top 11 Gaming Mice: The Best wired and Wireless Gaming Mice
To help you choose a perfect and best gaming mouse, we have come up with a list of the best gaming mouse that you can buy online in 2020. After our little research on the best gaming mouse available online, we compile this list of the top 11 best gaming mice. While you are at it, pick up one of the best gaming mouse pads for the best and incredible gaming experience.
Logitech G903 Lightspeed with POWERPLAY Wireless Gaming Mouse
- The Logitech G903 has lightspeed wireless technology that features a 1 MS report rate for competition-level twitch targeting.
- This gaming mouse equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor. It ensures zero smoothings, filtering, or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200-12,000DPI) at speed over 400 IPS.
- Logitech G903 is equipped with advanced mechanical buttons. Its advanced mechanical button tensioning delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, response, and consistency.
- The Logitech G903 gaming mouse has the world’s first and only wireless charging system that lets you play while charging at the same time and at rest.
- This gaming mouse customizable design. Its configurable button layout and design allow for left-or-right-handed use.
SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless Gaming Mouse
- SteelSeries Rival’s lag-free quantum wireless performance is at its best. You can also use this mouse has a wired mouse through a wired USB.
- Battery performance is very good—24+ hour battery life on a full charge and 10 hours from 15 minutes rapid charge.
- This mouse is armed with a powerful 32-bit ARM processor that allows you to save CPI settings, button remappings, and lighting effects on-board for software-free use at LAN events and tournaments.
- SteelSeries Rival 650 has an exclusive TrueMove3+ sensor system and sensitivity of 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor.
- This mouse has seven programmable buttons.
- The SteelSeries Rival 650 has prism lighting. The 8-zone RGB lighting.
- You can personalize it with 256 centers of gravity weight tuning configurations. The mouse has a lift-off distance of 0.5-2.0 mm. It can detect instantly lift off to 0.5 mm.
Razer Naga Trinity Wired Gaming Mouse
- The Razer Naga Trinity gaming mouse comes with three interchangeable side plates. With 2, 7, and 12-button side plate configurations, transmute mouse to suit any gameplay. This mouse is uniquely designed to compete in any gameplay. Simply, the Razer Naga Trinity designed to provide you the edge you need in MOBA/MMO gameplay.
- Razer Naga Trinity lets you configure your gaming mouse for everything from weapons to build customizations, so you’ll always be ahead of the competition.
- It has a 5G advanced optical sensor with the true 16,000 DPI. Optimized for speed and precision, it ensures every movement was swift.
- Razer Naga Trinity is powered by Razer Synapse, calibrate your surface to your mouse, and personalize your style through 16.8 million colors.
Corsair Nightsword RGB Gaming Mouse
- The Corsair Nightsword RGB has tunable performance ability.
- This mouse is equipped with a cutting-edge 18,000 DPI optical sensor, sophisticated weight calibration.
- Corsair Nightsword RGB has an advanced real-time center of the gravity detection system.
- It comes with ten programmable buttons and Omron switches, which is ultra-durable. It delivers first-rate gaming performance.
- The Corsair Nightsword RGB is highly customizable. With the Corsair CUE software, the user can customize the mouse very easily. Users can enable real-time smart weight tuning, control dynamic four-zone RGB lighting, create custom macros, and calibrate the mouse to the user’s playing surface with the Corsair CUE software.
Razer Viper Ultralight Wired Gaming Mouse
- The Razer Viper features 16,000 DPI optical sensor for the most severe gaming conditions.
- The gaming mouse switches use light beam-based actuation that registers the button presses at the speed of light.
- This mouse is designed for both left and right-handed users with both programmable side buttons. buttons. You can assign complex macro functions as your need with up to 8-programmable buttons.
- It has customizable chroma RGB color profiles, includes 16.8 million color combinations.
- This Viper weighs in at just 69g without any compromise on its build strength. This is really an ultralight gaming mouse.
- This mouse features the Razer Speedflex cable. The Razer Speedflex cable designed for smoother swipes. It’s a highly flexible cable, which makes it more compatible with gaming. The cable ensures unhindered control with minimal drag.
SteelSeries Rival 700 Optical Gaming Mouse
- The SteelSeries Rival 700 has Prism RGB illumination with over 16.8 million colors in both the mouse wheel and palm rest. It is customizable in SteelSeries Engine 3.
- It has Pixart 9800 advanced laser gaming sensor built for Rival 700. This advanced sensor has 8200 CPI, 150 IPS, and 30g acceleration force.
- This mouse features a Vivid onboard OLED display.
- This mouse is entirely customizable. You can customize the vibration patters to triggers, duration, and more. It allows you to choose a wide array of patterns such as short and long buzz, fast and slow heartbeat, double click, triple-click, and much more, that makes your gameplay more accessible and fascinating.
Logitech G604 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- The Logitech G604 features Hero 16,000 sensors for accurate tracking, best power efficiency, and high gaming performance. The mouse is true power-efficient, enables up to 240 hours of gaming with one AA battery.
- The dual connectivity lets the user toggle between Bluetooth and ultra-fast 1 ms lightspeed advanced wireless technology.
- It has the metal scroll wheel switches between the hyper-fast and ratcheted scrolling. The programmable scrolling lets the user apply key binds.
- The mouse lets you program up to 15 buttons, fully programmable with G hub software.
Gorious PC Gaming Race LLC Odin Gaming Mouse
- Gorious LLC Odin is one of the best-designed gaming mice that merely is eye-catching. The clean lines of the model 1 are highlighted by the RGB LEDs that run across its edges.
- It has a honeycomb surface for strength and comfort. It helps the user to maintain a firm grip.
- The Odin gaming mouse is exceptionally lightweight (67/68g).
- The mouse has RGB LED lighting. You can control illumination effects for these LEDs via dedicated software.
- The accuracy of this mouse is boosted by a Pixart 3360 sensor, which ensures Esport standard performance.
- This Odin Gaming Mouse is ideal for gamers as it is both maneuverable and has remarkable tracking accuracy.
- The mouse also includes high-quality G-skates mouse feet. It helps the mouse to move extremely easily.
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
- Corsair Harpoon RGB is a rechargeable wireless gaming mouse with the slipstream technology.
- The slipstream technology in this gaming mouse gives the user three options for connectivity: Slipstream Corsair wireless Connectivity, the Bluetooth connectivity, and USB wired connectivity. Slipstream Corsair wireless technology ensures the high speed reliable and long-range wireless with sub-1ms connection speeds.
- The mouse is made for gamers. It has contoured shape and rubber side grips for long-term comfort and great grip. Mouse weights just 99g, which makes it lightweight.
- This gaming mouse has up to 60 hours of battery life, and don’t forget; it is a rechargeable mouse, so you don’t need to replace batteries again and again. You can also plugin for the wired mode to keep playing while charging.
- Users can customize sensitivity and DPI settings, dynamic lighting with Corsair iCUE software.
SteelSeries Sensei Gaming Mouse
- The SteelSeries Sensei has custom truemove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1-to-1 tracking esports sensor.
- This mouse has split-trigger buttons with exceptional durability. There are eight programmable buttons on this gaming mouse that you can easily customize according to your gameplay.
- It has two-zone, multi-color Prism RGB illumination for customizable lighting and PrismSync enabled. You can sync dynamic multi-color lighting effects between all your SteelSeries Prism-enabled gear.
- Customize or save all your performance and lighting settings directly to the Rival 310.
- The mouse has a durable and lightweight body. The ambidextrous design of the mouse meets esports players’ stringent demands for comfort.
Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB Gaming Mouse
- The Corsair Scimitar Pro has an exclusive key slider macro button control system. The twelve optimized mechanical side buttons designed for pro player specifications.
- The patent-pending design of Corsair Scimitar Pro provides 8mm of key travel with a secure lock to ensure every button is within reach.
- It has onboard storage with the hardware macro playback. You also got three predefined include actions common for MMO gaming.
- The ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking 16,000 DPI optical sensor is very responsive and ensures smooth gameplay.
- The gaming mouse has a durable braided fiber cable of 1.8 meters.
Buyer’s Guide for Gaming Mice
So, here is our guide for buyers to choose the best gaming mouse to enhance your gaming experience. We added some essential points that you should consider while choosing a gaming mouse. It will help you to buy the most suitable gaming mouse for yourself.
Number of Buttons
Gaming mouse could have multiple buttons, unlike the regular mouse with only three- left, right, and a scroll button. Having multiple buttons on the mouse gives the gamer a higher level of ease in taking actions and saves precious seconds that can be the difference between victory and loss.
So, choose a gaming mouse that has a suitable number of buttons that you need for your gameplay.
Dot Per Inch (DPI)
In simple terms, DPI relates to how good the mouse responds to the physical movement. The higher the DPI, the more sensitive the mouse is. That is, you move the mouse even a bit, the pointer will drive a vast distance across the screen.
Almost all gaming mice sold today have about 16000 DPI. Users can increase or decrease the DPI very easily.
Honestly, DPI doesn’t matter much; it’s a marketing ploy for a gaming mouse. In fact, many competitive FPS game players set their mouse DPI to 1400 or even lower. This is because the lower DPI gives user accuracy. But every gamer has their own prospectives and gameplay, hence choose what you think best for yourself.
Wired or Wireless Gaming Mice
The most common questions that come in mind while we look for a gaming mouse are- Should I buy a wired mouse or a wireless mouse? What is the difference between wired and wireless gaming mouse? Which is best between wired or wireless?
Don’t worry. Here we are with all the answers to your questions.
The first thing to look for while choosing a gaming mouse between wired and wireless is which of them you feel comfortable to play. Some gamers like to play with a wired gaming mouse and don’t like wireless, and when they try wireless gaming mouse, they find it irritating. Same for those who like wireless mice. So look out first, are you a wired mouse gamer or wireless.
Both wired and wireless gaming mice are best in there own ways. There are some points that you should know about; it probably helps you to choose the better suitable mouse for yourself:
- Wired mice are faster than wireless mice.
- Wireless mice are susceptible to interference. Wireless mice could be affected by the interference, but interference isn’t an issue in the wired mice.
- The wireless mice need batteries, but on the other hand, wired mice don’t need batteries.
- Wireless mice are more convenient and versatile.
- Wired mice are preferred by professional gamers. But some pro-gamers also use wireless mice. It all depends on your need and gameplay.
- Wireless mice are ideal for traveling.
- Wireless mice can be used away from the receiving device, but wired mice can only use with any device that has a USB Port.
These are points above you should keep in mind while choosing a gaming mouse between wired and wireless mice. Other then these points, it’s your need that you should look for while choosing.
Laser Sensor or Optical Sensor Mice
Both laser and optical sensors use a CMOS senor that analyses the surface and movement. Also, both laser and optical mice technically shine a light off a surface to measure the reflection in order to provide precision tracking. The only difference between them is the light that the mouse uses to illuminate the surface. An optical mouse uses an infrared LED, while a laser mouse uses a laser to illuminate the surface.
Points to compare Laser sensor and Optical sensor:
- The laser sensor is higher sensitive. Yes, the laser sensor is more sensitive than an optical sensor.
- Laser sensors are more accurate than LEDs. As you know, optical sensors use LEDs; it is clear that laser sensors are more accurate. But optical sensors are more good at controlling unwanted jitter while playing.
- The price difference between the laser sensor and optical mice is not much. But laser sensor mice are slightly expensive compared to mice that use optical sensors.
It is crucial that you are comfortable and can easily make quick movements while playing by keeping control over the mouse. You can do that only when you use a suitable gripping style. Here how you can choose a suitable and perfect gripping style.
Which gripping style is best? Claw grip or Palm grip? That is a common question.
Well, you should know the difference between claw grip and palm grip before choosing a gripping style.
Palm grip means your palm rests on the mouse and much of your fingers too, it means your entire hand is in contact with the mouse. It is the most widely used grip. The hand relaxes across the mouse and gives control as well as comfort to the user.
Claw grip is another popular grip style among gamers. The claw grip is holding the mouse in a claw shape with the bottom of the palm resting on the back of the mouse. Claw grip minimizes the wrist motion and also helps to avoid over-gripping. But claw grip does not feel as comfortable as a palm grip. You should choose a long body mouse if you use the claw grip.
Reasons to Buy Gaming Mouse in 2020
Just like a traditional keyboard, a traditional mouse is not meant to be for playing games. And why is that? Because traditional mice are less sensitive, less responsive, and have typically fewer buttons that a gaming mouse. These things surly effects on the performance in a crucial game or gaming arena. Gaming mice are also more durable than regular computer mice.
You have never seen a professional gamer to play with a traditional mouse, which is because they will never compete by using a traditional mouse or it is too difficult to compete, we guess. But one thing is sure that you need a gaming mouse for professional gaming or better gaming experience.
Gaming mice are specially designed for gaming, which enhances your performance and chances of winning in the gaming arena. Gaming mice are engineered for high-performance that you can never get from the traditional mice. The gaming mouse provides you many features like better DPI, better design, better grip, macro button, side buttons, customizing option, RBG, and the list goes on and on. You can only find these features only in gaming mice, and that makes it best for gaming.