We have read tons of articles and reviews of dog foods and created this article as a conclusion of all. We have also taken help from our dog expert friend a little to compiled the best list of dog foods in India.
This article not only a review but also has a guide for you to choose the best for your dog.
As a pet owner, getting the best dog food in India can be one difficult as well as confusing job. The good thing for you is that the Indian pet industry is one of the fastest-growing industries globally. Thus, choosing food for your dog is easy now. Indian dog food market is diversified when it comes to economic conditions, and you don’t need to be filthy rich to buy/adopt a dog or a pup. There are dog foods that cost anything as high as Rs. 700-RS-1000/kg to something like Rs. 1000 for 10kgs.
Top Dog Foods in India 2020
We have compiled the list of the top dog food products available online in India.
1. Royal Canin Dog Food (Affordable)
- It is one of the most popular dog foods in India and also one of the most recommended for puppies.
- Formulated to provide the correct balance of energy and nutrition for your dog’s size and lifestyle. And it includes highly digestible proteins.
- If you have the budget, this could be one of the best foods for your dog as it is not much expensive.
- Royal Canin has all the necessary ingredients that a puppy need for its growth. It has the best combination of good vitamins and proteins that will ensure the pup’s digestive security.
2. Orijen (Expensive)
- This dog food is designed according to the natural diet of the dog based on its wild ancestry.
- Orijen dog foods are rich in meat and proteins. It contains 38% crude protein by volume.
- It also has grain-free carbohydrates like fruits and vegetables, which is helpful in easy digestion.
- Orijen dog food is made with 100% fresh meat ingredients, and no additional fillers are added.
- Orijen Dog Food is suitable for ever dog breed, size, and age.
- Way too Expensive.
3. Farmina N&D Grain-Free Pumpkin Lamb and Blueberry (Affordable)
- It is one of the cheapest grain free food out there.
- This food is specially designed considering the carnivorous nature of the dog.
- Positive feedback from people who have used it.
- Compares favorably with Royal Canin.
- Grain-Free Components. And it contains other nutritional elements other than meat products.
- Made with Italian Formula.
4. Canine Creek Adult Dry Dog Food (Affordable)
- Canine Creek is an India based company, manufacturing high-quality dog food locally.
- It has 48% real free-range chicken, with fruit-based anti-oxidants.
- Well-chosen ingredients in optimal balance.
- Excellent price point, not very expensive.
- The packing quality is unique, and reusability would be a nice touch.
5. Grain Zero Dry Dog Food (Affordable)
- Nice price point
- A recent entrant into the market but Positive reviews from dog breeders who have used this brand
- Filled with Quality ingredients. Rich in vitamin & protein.
6. Drools Focus (Affordable)
- Drools Focus is prepared with great natural ingredients to help the pet live a long and healthy life.
- The food comes in 3 ranges: Starter, Puppies, and Adult.
- This food contains more than 45% of real chicken and no by-products. And it doesn’t contain corn, wheat or soy as fillers, and no added colors and flavors.
- Healthy & beneficial for dogs.
- The top 2 ingredients are chicken and dried egg.
- The product Strikes a delicate balance between quality and price.
7. Goodness (Expensive)
- This UK brand is available on Amazon.
- It is made only with fresh meat, vegetables, and fruit, and is totally grain-free.
- There are also no added flavors, colors, and preservatives. It means it is totally safe for your dog.
- The product contains quality Ingredients. It also contains omega-3, which improves immunity and makes your pet healthy and more energetic.
- It is easily digestible but has a strong smell.
8. Acana Grass – Fed Lamb (Expensive)
- 1/2 of the Lamb in Acana singles is raw, and 1/2 is dried.
- The downside is its high cost and lack of availability.
- Offers multiple flavors for both adult and puppy.
- The Acana Grass-Fed Lamb contains 50% Lamb and limited ingredients, which makes this food high in protein and also helps in boosting their energy level.
- This food is suitable for dogs of breeds and ages.
9. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food (Affordable)
- They offer a wide array of products. Hill Science is a prescription-based dog food brand.
- Highly specialized food targeting specific needs for a dog.
- It contains Amino acids, Vitamin C and D, and has no added flavors and artificial colors.
- The price range of the product is fair. It is affordable for a middle-class owner.
10. Drools Chicken Adult Dog Food (Affordable)
- Real chicken in the product helps maintain your dog’s lean muscles for a top body condition.
- Quality ingredients with the goodness of vitamins and minerals.
- Balanced nutrients and protein to enhance your dog’s health.
- Suitable for all breeds of dogs.
- Most affordable dog food products with such quality in the market.
11. Pedigree Dog Food (Affordable)
- This Pedigree Product is another most affordable dog food in India.
- This is one of the cheapest dog food in the market. Pedigree is sold as a budget dog food.
- One of the most popular dog food brand in India.
- Many consumers find it not suitable for their dog. After the use, most of the consumers forbidden its use and found it not worth money.
- The best thing this dog food has is it’s less expensive and affordable.
12. Arden Grange Dog Food (Expensive)
- Arden Grange is an experienced premium dog food brand.
- The product contains fresh and rich ingredients.
- It is a little expensive but had a good user response.
- Doesn’t support sudden change in diet, so use as instructed or take advice of the expert.
13. Purina Supercoat Dry Dog Food (Affordable)
- This is a Nestle Company.
- The product is good for your dog’s health.
- It contains many nutrients & proteins.
- It has a great taste.
- Suitable for all puppy dog breeds.
- It contains no artificial color & flavors.
Dog Food Buyer’s Guide
These are some tips to buy good dog food for your beloved pet. We mentioned these points that will help you to choose suitable dog food. We advise you to consult the experts before picking-up a product as every dog has its own condition and needs.
Choose the right type of food for your dog – Types of Dog Food
There are seven types of dog food in India
- Dry food
- Wet food
- Prescription food
- Human grade food
- Dehydrated food
- Freeze-dry food
- Fresh & frozen food
How to Shop For the Best Food for Dogs
These are the following things that you should check or consider before buying a dog food
- Check the ingredients: The ingredients in the dog food packages are generally listed in descending order based on their quantity in overall food. So you should look carefully for the quality and nutrient-rich ingredients in the food. Buy good rich nutrient dog foods for the best result. You should probably avoid low-quality dog foods.
- Check if the food has Omega 3: Omega 3 helps improve immunity and maintains the quality of the coat. Having Omega 3 in the diet isn’t mandatory, but it will be a plus point.
- Look for the Expiration Date: Always look for the expiration date of the product. It is because different brands have different expiration dates. So don’t just look for the manufacturing date, but it is essential to look for the dog food’s expiration date.
- Check for Calories: You should check the calories of the food before buying it. You can also ask for an expert about your dog’s diet to choose the right one for your dog.
We understand how you love and want to give everything best to your dog. And to help you choose the best dog food, we made this article, including best dog foods available in India online. We hope you will choose a suitable food for your dog. If you have any questions, just comment down below, we will be happy to help.